This is exclusively my head canon as far as Puck’s home life goes. You don’t have to read it if you don’t want to. Mostly it’s pointless rambling that you can live without.
First and foremost, I don’t see the Puckerman’s being a rich family at all. I mean, it seems kind of obvious that they aren’t. Puck spends ninety percent of his time shoplifting; he earns his own money cleaning pools so he can buy things because obviously he’s not getting handed a nice little allowance like the Rachel Berry’s and Quinn Fabray’s of the world. I fully believe he crashed the car into the shop to try and steal the ATM so he could get the money to go to New York to see Beth but it backfired on him. So as far as poor white boy from the wrong side of the tracks goes, throw in a dash of bad attitude and a mohawk and you have Puck.
His relationship with his Mother: I honestly don’t think this is good at all. He cares about his Mom and loves her and likewise she cares about and loves her son. However, I do see her critising him a lot. I don’t believe she’d be a very positive force; rather she’d constantly be berating and making digs at him no matter what he does; it’s never right. I think that Puck is a replica of his father, and as such, he reminds her to much of him; she’s terrified him turning into him but fails to recognise that he’s a completely different man from his father. I think she respects her son for the way he handle the Beth thing, but doesn’t fully understand the heartbreak it caused him. She would absolutely adore Beth naturally, but it was just one more thing keeping her little boy stuck in Lima and she doesn’t want him to become some Lima loser. In many ways he’s already fallen short of so many expectations with getting thrown into Juvie and his bad grades and constantly being in trouble and so on. I’ve never seen them as having a very intimate and deep relationship; rather Puck got independent very quickly and he’s already mimicking many of the mistakes she and his father made when they were younger and it terrifies him, but she doesn’t approach it in a positive reassuring manner.
His relationship with his Father: This is a no brainer. There isn’t a relationship. Now, I have my own very complicated and lengthy backstory as far as Puck and his father go, a lot of you may not agree with it, which is why it’s my own personal interpretation of events, and I mean, it’s not like we’re ever going to know for sure. I believe Puck to be the product of a teen pregnancy, maybe not as young as Puck and Quinn, but still a teen one. Puck’s dad was the wannabe rockstar and Puck’s mom was infactuated with him. They were forced into marriage as it was the right thing to do and thus Puck was born. I see Puck’s dad being very bitter and resentful about being trapped in a ready made family with all his dreams of wanting to be a rockstar and so on. Plus, I believe him to be a very violent and bad tempered person. Yes, I do think he physically abused his mom, and eventually turned his attentions to Puck. (Left his mom alone when she was pregnant - I also think she was aware of his abuse towards Puck but never did anything to stop it for fear of her own safety and yada yada). His dad was a deadbeat, who barely kept a proper job; was a drunk slob, wasted what money they did have on booze and so on. Shortly after his little sister was born, he took off (or Puck’s mom threw him out either works). Puck’s sister was too young to understand but Puck knew and from that day on he’s hated and resented the man who depite everything, he idolised and wanted to be like. He just wanted his dad, instead he got a monster who wasn’t appreciative of the amazing family he was blessed with.
His relationship with his sister: I think Puck’s little sister is one of the few people who actually truly care about him and look up to him. Naturally I see them as having a very typical sibling relationship. They fight, they hit each other, they destroy each other’s stuff, the scream and bitch and whine at each other but at the end of the day they love each other and look out for each other. I’ve always seen as Puck having a big role in his sister’s life and practically raising her. What with having no father, he took on the role along with being her big brother. He looks after her and keeps her safe and is fiercely over protective. I can just see them building pillow forts in the living room together and Puck teaching her guitar, reading to her and taking her for ice cream. Despite everything, he looks after her and she’s the one person who doesn’t judge him, regardless of all the mistakes and flaws that make up Puck. She views him through innocent loving eyes and could never hate him, no matter what he does and how bad he messes up.
His relationship with his Nana Connie: I love the idea of Puck having a very healthy loving relationship with his Nana. She’s the one adult whose always accepted him and is there at the end of the day to offer him a kind loving word and a shoulder to cry on. I believe he has a tradition where every Saturday he takes his Nana to Temple and then they have dinner together. No matter what, he never misses that tradition. And on the weekends he has Beth she comes with him. I truly believe in my heart of hearts that his Nana was the first person he told about getting Quinn pregnant. Instead of saying she was disgusted or ashamed or disappointed, she just told him it’d be alright and he’d do the right thing. I don’t know why I’m so caught up with the idea, it’d just be cute. Plus with the pictures of Mark and his Nana, I can just see Puck not being quite the badass as he leads his Nana by the arm to Temple every week without fail.
His relationship with Beth: The Ultimate father-daughter relationship right here. Despite what a lot of people think I see Beth as being a carbon copy of her father. Little Bethzilla - a badass trouble maker from the day she left the womb. Though Puck might not know the first bases of being a father (changing diapers and bottles and so on) I don’t think anyone else in the world could love Beth as much as Puck does. He would just dote on Beth with all his heart. He would sing her song every night; they would spend Sunday afternoons on the couch, napping with her on his chest, watching football repeats; they’d flood the house at bathtime; wreck the house anytime Quinn turned her back; get into all kinds of trouble; Beth would dress him up as a Princess and they would have teatime together with Beth and her dolls; they would spend Saturday mornings in bed with Quinn; Beth would have the waffle and bacon love; and I have this vision in my head of Puck talking to Beth while she sleeps when she’s a baby. Talking to her about stuff that he tells no one else. I just, gah, I love Puck/Beth so much, you have no idea.
Other points about Puck:
- His middle name is Ezekiel, thus keeping with the Jewish tradition.
- The reason for the Mohawk was one Miss Quinn Fabray. When they were five she threw gum in his hair and because of such his mom had to shave it off. She cut off the sides into the hawk and told him how funny it look. Puck thought it was badass and ran off before she could shave the rest. Thus the Mohawk was born.
- He lost his virginity to a girl at a party when he was fourteen. He regrets it. A complete mess which was nothing special to a girl who was too drunk to remember him the next morning.
- He’s never been in love with a girl until Quinn and he’s never said I love you to anyone but Quinn.
- I fully believe he brought a condom with him to Quinn’s that night, he was just so caught up with finally getting to sleep with the girl of his dreams he got too carried away to remember to put it on.
- I think it’s Puck’s fault Finn asked Quinn out. He ran the suggestion casually by his best friend that he was thinking of asking Quinn out. Finn thought it was a good idea, so he asked her out.
- He was absent from school a lot when he was younger; because of bruises and so on. He was constantly breaking his arms and legs, sometimes because of his dad, sometimes because he was a badass and constantly jumping off things and climbing trees.
- I believe his guitar was the first real thing he owned that cost and meant anything; he scrounged and saved by mowing lawns and cleaning cars until he got the money to buy it then he taught himself.
- Despite his confidant attitude, I don’t think Puck likes himself at all. He likes his appearance and his reputation, but he doesn’t have much faith in himself. Even though he has the biggest ego and many millions of dreams, he doesn’t think he can ever surpass the Lima loser status that everyone around him forces upon him. Barely anyone has faith in him and because of that, he has no faith in himself.
Holy mother fucking God. I did not mean for this to be so long. If you read all of this, you deserve a fucking medal because I can’t even remember what I wrote at the beginning. Let no one say I don’t stan Puck like a boss. hahaha.
tagged as: noah puckerman. puck stan. candace. lol. good luck reading this. its so long. omg. im bad. puck. stanning. puckermans.
- bigbanalvarado reblogged this from puckasaurusrex
- dexterstiel likes this
- theresnotimeleftforlosing likes this
- christmasklaroline likes this
- christmaswhisper reblogged this from puckasaurusrex
- tygerblaze likes this
- emily-bowman reblogged this from itallcomesdowntoyou
- bythebreathofanangel reblogged this from blackwidow-natalia
- itallcomesdowntoyou reblogged this from blackwidow-natalia
- blackwidow-natalia reblogged this from puckasaurusrex and added:
- fuckerman-especiallynow likes this
- foreverquick likes this
- inmy-joiedevivre reblogged this from puckasaurusrex and added:
- diannasagronsky likes this
- feetlikewaterlilies likes this
- ororoxmunroe reblogged this from puckasaurusrex and added:
- ororoxmunroe likes this
- be-divine reblogged this from puckasaurusrex
- treatyoselfartie likes this
- agronelise reblogged this from puckasaurusrex
- agronelise likes this
- seanfretthold reblogged this from puckasaurusrex
- seanfretthold likes this
- be-divine likes this
- paula-in-dreamland likes this
- jensensackles likes this
- fabray-quinn reblogged this from puckasaurusrex
- fabray-quinn likes this
- blaineissatan reblogged this from puckasaurusrex
- blaineissatan likes this
- lyla-riggins reblogged this from puckasaurusrex
- lip-gallaghers likes this
- lyla-riggins likes this
- puckasaurusrex reblogged this from puckasaurusrex
- loganlrmn likes this
- quinnfabrayhbic likes this
- puckasaurusrex likes this
- franyfabray reblogged this from puckasaurusrex and added: